The Hagins Family, Lancaster County Art League and the Lancaster County Council of the Arts in Lancaster, SC, is calling for entries for the Marian Hagins Memorial Art Competition 2013.
ELIGIBILITY: Any resident of Lancaster County — high school age and older
PLACE: The Lancaster County Council of the Arts, 201 West Gay Street, Lancaster SC
1st Place – $250.00
2nd Place – $125.00
3rd Place – $75.00
4th Place – $50.00
Honorable Mention (4) – $10.00 each
People’s Choice – $25.00
1. All work must be original, no copies, pattern paintings, crafts, photographs, stitch work or sculptures.
2. All paintings must be framed, ready to hang, and identified on the back with the names of the artist, title, medium and price. If not for sale please mark “NFS”.
3. Work must be in the following media: oil, watercolor, water-media, pastel, charcoal, acrylic, pencil, colored pencil, pen and ink, or mixed media of the above.
4. The Hagins’ Family nor the Lancaster County Council of the Arts can assume responsibility for any damage or loss of works of any work not picked up at the end of the show.
5. There is no entry fee.
6. Each artist may enter two paintings no smaller than 12 inches nor larger than 72 inches in dimension, including the frame. All work will be hung as space allows, so list in order of preference. We reserve the right to reject any painting which seems unsuitable.
7. Bringing any entry to this exhibition constitutes an agreement with all conditions in the prospectus. Work may ONLY be delivered Aug. 26-30, 2013, during Arts Council hours, 9am to 5pm. The Opening Reception will be Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013 from 3 to 5pm. This is a public reception, so please invite your friends and family.
For more information, please call the LCCA at 803/285-7451.
Marian Hagins Memorial Competition 2013
Sponsored by the Hagins Family, LCCA & LCAL
Enrty # 1
Please make sure you label the back of the paintings and turn this form in with the entries. The LCCA will take no responsibility for works left after the show.
Exhibit will be on display in the Springs House Galleries from Sept. 6 to Oct. 28, 2013.
All work must be delivered Aug. 26-30 and picked up Monday, Oct. 28 or Oct. 29. 2013.
This exhibit will also be on display for the fall Art Crawl downtown on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013