Setup in the Isaac Taylor Garden for ARTcrawl:
Many artists are already signed up to setup their creative wares in the Isaac Taylor Garden during ARTcrawl on Fri., Mar. 14, 2014, from 5 to 8pm. Meet our newest formation of artists such as Lynn Goodwin, Ed Vaupel, Gwen Lovett and Arden Lindsey. Our regular art attendees will also be participating including Elisa Schulman, Carol Jones, Jim Herring, Jon Derby, Brandy Baxter and Bridgette Swayne.
If you want to participate during any ARTcrawl, please e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org). The following ARTcrawl is Apr. 11, 2014, always the second Friday of each month. As the weather shifts to warmer days, the events will draw hundreds upon hundreds of voyeurs to New Bern’s art scene. More details, click (http://www.greatergoodgallery.com/become-an-exhibitor.html).
There are multiple opportunities in New Bern for artists:
Studio spaces, exhibit spaces & co-op galleries. If you are interested in any of the following opportunities, please e-mail to (email@example.com) for more details.
• Three long-term exhibit booth spaces on Middle Street.
• Several long-term studio spaces on Middle Street and Pollock Street.
• Weekly exhibit space off Middle Street.
• Once-a-month $10 booth opportunities on Craven Street during monthly ARTcrawls.
• Once-a-month free booth opportunities with a local arts organization during ARTcrawls.
• There is a meeting on March 18th about a co-op gallery, if you are interested, e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• An Annex Art Gallery of Greater Good Gallery is under consideration, which will likely be “the G3 annex” for $15 per month, with the 30/70 split commission to cover the cost of the venue. There is enough space for demonstrating with a couple of easels and teaching small classes. The only stipulations are: (1) that we need the commitment of 20 artists and (2) that we need a leader, someone to step up to the plate to coordinate this effort.
• A community bulletin board is under way which will serve as a hub for dispersing creative information to tourists, artists and our neighbours. If you don’t have a business card, now is the time to illustrate a handful with your contact information.
Get your chance to win for only one dollar:
Win a painting by Chris Wagner of local potter Ben Alden Watford. The canvas is 24″x36 and will be raffled to one lucky art appreciator during a Summer ARTcrawl. Tickets will be sold at CAW’s headquarters, home of Greater Good Gallery and at the studio of Michaele’ Rose Watson. Get your chance to win for only $1 a ticket, or an arm’s length for $10. We’ll likely post a chance to win online too, so our far-away art-groupies can join in the fun. The funds will benefit Community Artist Will. Stay tuned for details.
Ben Watford’s Pottery fundraiser for CAW:
Chris Wagner’s painting (details above) is a documentation of ARTcrawl in bohemian fashion featuring the itinerant potter, Ben Alden Watford, who demonstrates his craft tirelessly to inspire people of all ages to become creative. Watford will setup a pottery table at both Isaac Taylor Garden and the Studio of Michaele’ Rose Watson. The pottery will be available for as little as two dollars each, though more will always be appreciated.
For more details about the monthly ARTcrawls in New Bern, visit (http://www.communityartistwill.org/artcrawl.html).