Join photographers from every corner of North Carolina and beyond for the “Autumn Photography Exhibition” at the Burke Arts Council Gallery in Morganton, NC, on view from Sept. 23 through Oct. 24, 2014
Downtown Morganton is in the foothills of Western North Carolina with easy access from Charlotte, Greensboro or Asheville; located at Exit 105 on Interstate 40. US Highways 18 and 181, as well as US 64 and US 70 also intersect the city. In a recent issue, “Southern Living Magazine” called Morganton a small town we love, “this Foothills Blue Ridge Community is quickly gaining a reputation as a vibrant hub for dining and the arts.”
“AUTUMN PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT” TIMELINE:
· Entry Deadline: All entries must be received by Friday, August 1, at 5pm.
· Artists will be notified of acceptance via e-mail by Friday, August 22.
· Delivery of accepted artwork: September 15 – 19, 10am-3pm.
· The exhibit will run September 23 thru October 24, 2014.
· Reception and distribution of awards: Friday, September 26, 5-7pm.
ENTRY GUIDELINES AND FEES:
· All work must be original, shot in the last two years and never shown at the Burke Arts Council Gallery. No composite or mixed media images will be accepted. Artwork is judged for selection by a committee of arts professionals. Awards will be selected by Brian Taylor.
· FEES: A non-refundable entry fee of $15 for one entry or 5 entries for $50.
· FIRST – OVERALL BEST IN SHOW: $500
· First (In each category): $250
· Second (In each category): $100
· Honorable Mentions (One in each category): An opportunity to have a solo exhibit at the Burke Arts Council.
o DOWNTOWN, USA
o NATURE: (Nature images that do not include any evidence of man.)
HOW TO APPLY :
REGULAR MAIL: Please return the completed application form and a CD containing 4 images (JPEGS Only, 72 dpi) of your work to: The Burke Arts Council 115 E Meeting Street Morganton, NC 28655. Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of your images and notification letter (if desired). Notifications will be sent via e-mail unless e-mail address is not available.
DIGITAL APPLICATION: Can be found on our website at (www.burkearts.org). Please submit images (JPEGS Only, 72 dpi) and completed application form: CALL FOR ARTISTS
The exhibit will coincide with the 12th Annual October Oyster Outing being held on Saturday, October 18 at the arts council and on the Historic Courthouse Lawn in Downtown Morganton. The Oyster Outing is an annual favorite, attended by thousands of people from across the south.
This exhibit is planned and administered by the Burke Arts Council with support from the Downtown Morganton Main Street Office. Download the information and forms at (www.burkearts.org).
The mission of the Burke Arts Council is to enrich the quality of life in Burke County through cultural and artistic activities. We seek to coordinate arts activities in the community, serve as an informational and resource center for the arts and to promote local artists and arts organizations.
We seek to coordinate arts activities for the arts and to promote local artists and arts organization.
Please contact the Burke Arts Council for further information by calling 828/433-7282.